Americas News Fed’s Powell says economy in good place, warns on coronavirus Wednesday, Feb 12, 2020,17:02 (GMT+7) Fed’s Powell says economy in good place, warns on coronavirus Federal Reserve Board Chairman Jerome Powell testifies before the House Financial Services Committee during a hearing featuring the semi-annual Monetary Policy Report, on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S., February 11, 2020 – PHOTO: REUTERS WASHINGTON (REUTERS) – Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell told Congress on Tuesday that the U.S. economy is in a good place, even as he cited the potential threat from the coronavirus in China and concerns about the economy’s long-term health. With risks like trade policy uncertainty receding and global growth stabilizing, “we find the U.S. economy in a very good place, performing well,” Powell told the U.S. House of Representatives Financial Services Committee. The U.S. economic expansion, now in its 11th year, is the longest on record. “There is no reason why the expansion can’t continue,” he said, repeating the central bank’s view that its current target range for short-term borrowing costs, between 1.50% and 1.75%, is “appropriate” to keep the expansion on track. But, he said, the outbreak of the new coronavirus will impact China and its close neighbors and trading partners,… Read full this story
- All the Times 'The Good Place' Implied a Shared Universe With 'Parks and Recreation'
- What 'The Good Place' Taught William Jackson Harper: 'The Point of Existence and the Point of Our Lives Is Other People'
- 'The fourth season will be our last': The Good Place creators confirm the END of the hit show... as the adoring cast convene just hours before the announcement at EMMY event
- Let It Shine judge Dannii Minogue ditches Botox 'crutch' after reaching a 'good place'
- A good place to start fixing the BBC’s pay gap
- 'I wasn't in a very good place': Cassandra Wood reveals how The Bachelor took a toll on her mental health... and admits how hard it was to move on from Nick Cummins
- Don't say I didn't warn you: Why LSU QB Joe Burrow was the clear No. 1 on my Heisman Trophy ballot
- Cambodian PM says economy to grow at 7.1 pct this year
- Jacob Rees-Mogg says heckling good for politicians
- Anti-Semitism row is costing Labour, Scottish leader says as leading pollster warns party of losses
Fed's Powell says economy in good place, warns on coronavirus have 376 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.