Americas News Fed’s Powell says economy in good place, warns on coronavirus Wednesday, Feb 12, 2020,17:02 (GMT+7) Fed’s Powell says economy in good place, warns on coronavirus Federal Reserve Board Chairman Jerome Powell testifies before the House Financial Services Committee during a hearing featuring the semi-annual Monetary Policy Report, on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S., February 11, 2020 – PHOTO: REUTERS WASHINGTON (REUTERS) – Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell told Congress on Tuesday that the U.S. economy is in a good place, even as he cited the potential threat from the coronavirus in China and concerns about the economy’s long-term health. With risks like trade policy uncertainty receding and global growth stabilizing, “we find the U.S. economy in a very good place, performing well,” Powell told the U.S. House of Representatives Financial Services Committee. The U.S. economic expansion, now in its 11th year, is the longest on record. “There is no reason why the expansion can’t continue,” he said, repeating the central bank’s view that its current target range for short-term borrowing costs, between 1.50% and 1.75%, is “appropriate” to keep the expansion on track. But, he said, the outbreak of the new coronavirus will impact China and its close neighbors and trading partners,… Read full this story
- The Ultimate Lesson of ‘The Good Place’: Change Is REALLY Hard
- What Makes ‘The Good Place’ so Good?
- ‘Good Place’ Creator on Premiere’s Surprise Return: ‘He’s on a Singular Mission to Blow Everything Up’
- Mike Schur Explains the Tiny Details and Hidden Messages in 'The Good Place'
- When Will 'The Good Place' End? Producer Spills on Show's Ending, Fan Theories
- Why William Jackson Harper of ‘The Good Place’ Can’t Quit the Theater
- 'The Good Place' Season 3: Where the Show Left Off
- ‘The Good Place’ Season 3 Promo: Everything Is Fine, Just Look at This Bunny in a Bucket (Video)
- 4 Other Jobs ‘The Good Place’ Character Jason Mendoza Could Do If He Weren’t a Failed DJ
- ‘The Good Place': Michael Gets Blamed for Brexit (but Nobody Mentions Trump)
Fed's Powell says economy in good place, warns on coronavirus have 336 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.