An image of Samsung Electronics’ latest foldable smartphone, the Galaxy Z Flip, appears on a screen at an unpacking event held in San Francisco on Tuesday. [SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS]Samsung Electronics unveiled four new premium phones Tuesday, hoping to boost slowing sales, and most attention went to its second foldable phone.At a launch event in San Francisco Tuesday, Korea’s top tech company revealed a trio of Galaxy S20 phones with souped up cameras and processors, and the Galaxy Z Flip, a clamshell-style foldable phone that the tech giant hopes will outperform its ill-fated Galaxy Fold. The Z Flip, which folds in half to form a perfect square, is scheduled to hit the market on Feb. 14 and the three new Galaxy models – the S20, S20+ and S20 Ultra – on March 6. The tech giant said ultra-thin glass covering on the screen will make the Z Flip more resistant to scratches than the Fold, which was delayed for several months due to reviewer revelations that the phone’s screen easily broke. The Z Flip’s $1,380 (1.65 million won) price tag is a lot cheaper than the Fold’s $2,000 and prices for other new foldable models like Motorola’s Razr, reflecting Samsung’s determination to… Read full this story
- Flip the perfect pancakes thanks to cooking guru Martha Stewart
- Samsung preps another foldable device that folds into a square for 2020 as tech tries to rekindle gadget lust
- See Samsung’s unusual new camera lens module outed on the Galaxy A51 and A71
- New Samsung Galaxy Fold release date finally set for September after botched April launch
- Galaxy Fold vs. Mate X: Which foldable phone is winning the battle so far?
- Samsung Galaxy Fold first impressions
- “Bold and risky” strategy pushes Samsung to sell a million Galaxy Fold phones
- Hands-on with the Samsung Galaxy Fold: A first look at the future of smartphones
- Galaxy Fold: Some of Samsung’s new foldable phones are breaking after just a couple of days
- Samsung refutes claims it has sold 1 million Galaxy Fold units
Galaxy Z Flip folds into a perfect square have 329 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at February 13, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.