Korean director Hong Sang-soo’s latest film, “The Woman Who Ran,” was unveiled on Wednesday at the ongoing Berlin International Film Festival.Hong’s 24th feature was selected to compete for the Golden Bear in the main competition section of the 70th edition of the event, which kicked off on Thursday and runs through March 1.“The Woman Who Ran” is a story about a woman who meets three friends while her husband is on a business trip and enjoys her conversations with them. Kim Min-hee, who is known to be in an extramarital relationship with the director, took the title role in the film.“When I start shooting, I don’t have a complete idea in terms of structure or narrative,” the director said during a press conference in Berlin. “I just start with some materials and see what happens, how I respond, and what comes out of that response.”He said he tried not to generalize the life or the existence of humanity in his new film.“The life or the being always surpasses any kind of generalization,” the art house filmmaker said, speaking in English. “The way I approach [it] in terms of making films is trying to push away all kinds of generalization, all… Read full this story
- Wes Anderson's 'Isle of Dogs' to open Berlin film festival
- 'Parasite' thrusts Korean film industry onto international center stage
- Cinematic gems screen at Munich Film Festival
- Berlin: Agnieszka Holland’s ‘Charlatan’ Debuts Trailer (EXCLUSIVE)
- Films Boutique Nabs Berlinale Special title ‘Last and First Men’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- A24 To Take Joaquin Phoenix’s First Post-‘Joker’ Movie To Berlin’s EFM, More Project Details Revealed
- Berlin 24/7: World religions gather in Berlin's House of One
- Girl Asleep: how an Adelaide theatre company made one of this year's best Australian films
- BFI London Film Festival 2019: Hidden gems including films from Billie Piper, Simon Bird
- Will 2020 be a turning point for female film-makers?
Hong Sang-soo film opens in Berlin have 312 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.