Kim Moo-Hwan, president of Pohang University of Science and Technology, says students must learn from their failures in order to achieve success. [SONG BONG-GEUN]Kim Moo-hwan, president of Pohang University of Science and Technology (Postech), says Korean society places too much emphasis on results over processes. Postech, the first research-oriented university to be established in Korea in 1986, has about 3,400 students. Of these, 1,300 are undergraduates while 20,000 are graduate students. The university strives to become a world-class institution by emphasizing well-roundedness as well as specialized education to produce intellectuals with integrity and creativity who are not afraid of failure.According to Kim, the most important factor in educating students is to help them improve their resilience so that they can pick themselves up after failing.Below are the edited excerpts of the interview. Q. Postech is known for its fourth-generation synchrotron radiation facility and Open Innovation Big Data Center at its campus in Pohang, North Gyeongsang. Can you tell us more about these? A. Korea became the third country in the world to have a fourth-generation synchrotron radiation facility, following the United States and Japan. A fourth-generation synchrotron radiation accelerator creates a high-energy light source, 100 million times brighter and 1,000… Read full this story
- Barcelona president Bartomeu calls emergency meeting with ALL staff with club in disarray amid Messi and Abidal row
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo Thanks Trump For ‘Cooperation,’ Says President Is Using Defense Production Act ‘Well’
- Trump says he doesn't think states like New York need as many ventilators as they requested
- De Blasio says New Yorkers should be 'ready' for the city to stay closed until the end of MAY and predicts 'more than half' of the 8.6million population will become infected with coronavirus - as cases rise to 25,398
- Feds Charge Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro With Drug Trafficking
- Trump Impeachment May Need 'Smoking Gun' to Succeed, Democrats Believe
- Fox News's Sean Hannity Says Mueller Report Won't Be 'Anticlimactic': They 'Will Continue to Destroy the Presidency of Donald Trump'
- Uzbek Prime Minister Shavkat Mirziyoyev Appointed Interim President: Report
- What’s best for our youths now — Ambassador Sukubo, new youth President
- Daniel Dale on Whether President Trump Believes His Own Lies
If at first you don’t succeed, fail, fail again says president of Postech have 354 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at February 22, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.