Postponed indefinitely: 40th Convocation of National Institute of Design Institute postpones Feb 7 ceremony due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’; sources said govt’s displeasure with having the danceractivist, a vocal critic of Narendra Modi govt, as chief guest may be the reason In a shocking development, the National Institute of Design (NID) has postponed its convocation after it made all arrangements, printed invitation cards and with parents and families of the graduating students having arrived in Ahmedabad. Even as NID officially maintained that they have been compelled to postpone the convocation due to “unforeseen circumstances,” well-placed sources confirmed to Mirror that it has been postponed because Mallika Sarabhai was invited to preside over the function, give away Degrees and deliver the convocation address. Though NID, undoubtedly the best design school in India is an autonomous institute, it falls under the Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry. The Centre is furious at NID and its governing council for having invited Mallika Sarabhai who is a hardcore Narendra Modi critic. The decision to have Mallika as the chief guest was okayed by the governing council members. The 21-member governing council is headed by Jamshyd Godrej, MD and chairman of Godrej and Boyce. However, sources… Read full this story
- Ex-Chelsea star tells Man Utd ace Harry Maguire "thanks for the invite" after wedding
- Big Day for Ayodhya's Ram Temple, Debate Over Hanuman's Birthplace: Recent Disputes That Got India Talking
- Will EPS Reign Supreme in AIADMK?
- ‘Elvis’ Fact or Fiction: Colonel Tom Parker Biographer on What’s Real and Not in Baz Luhrmann Biopic
- ‘Ready for debate on Mysuru development’
- Oliver Dowden’s resignation is part of a plan to make Rishi Sunak prime minister
NID puts off ceremony after inviting Modi-critic Sarabhai as chief guest have 277 words, post on ahmedabadmirror.indiatimes.com at February 4, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.