Leaders of a new conservative campaign advocating for the national popular vote movement are seeking to promote the effort at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) this week.Several leaders of the group Conservatives for Yes on National Popular Vote, which formed earlier this month, are seeking to educate those on the right about the movement and push back on perceptions that such an effort would largely benefit Democratic candidates.“CPAC is a very tough crowd for us because the knee-jerk reaction for most Republicans is to oppose this,” said Saul Anuzis, a former chairman of the Michigan Republican Party who plans to promote the national popular vote effort at the conservative confab.ADVERTISEMENT“They think Hillary ClintonHillary Diane Rodham ClintonDemocratic insiders stay on the sidelines in 2020 race Hillicon Valley: Twitter falling short on pledge to verify primary candidates | Barr vows to make surveillance reforms after watchdog report | DHS cyber chief focused on 2020 The Hill’s Campaign Report: High stakes at last Democratic debate before Super Tuesday MORE and Al GoreAlbert (Al) Arnold Gore’Where’s your spoon?’ What we didn’t learn in the latest debate The Hill’s Morning Report – In Nevada, bets on Sanders, eyes on Bloomberg Mellman: Primary elections aren’t general elections… Read full this story
- Michael Gove to stand for Conservative party leadership
- Conservatives expected to get hammering in local elections
- Account Boosting Now Illegal in South Korea
- Justice Kennedy, Supreme Court's pivotal vote, to retire
- Democrats get ready to ram through next phase of Donald Trump impeachment inquiry in face of Republican objections as he demands his party 'stand together and defender the leader' against 'smears'
- Campaign for second Brexit vote seeks support beyond capital
- Heroes of Might & Magic 7 is a slave to its conservative fans
- Theresa May announces delay of Brexit vote
- Alien Nation: Going ‘Nowhere’ With Duangle
- The Year of Edward Gaming: Strengths, Weaknesses, and Lack of Popularity
Push for national popular vote movement gets boost from conservatives have 310 words, post on thehill.com at February 26, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.