Arts Residency program promotes experimental and contemporary music The Saigon Times Daily Wednesday, Feb 12, 2020,15:16 (GMT+7) Residency program promotes experimental and contemporary musicThe Saigon Times Daily The “Shape of Music” residency program is open to emerging artists whose practices focus on new and transdisciplinary forms of music – PHOTO: COURTESY OF ORGANIZER HCMC – Independent interdisciplinary center DomDom has announced a six-month-long residency program that aims at nurturing new authors and contributing new works to the landscape of experimental and contemporary music in Vietnam. The first edition of the program themed “Connecting Heritage”, with support from British Council’s FAMLAB Fund, grants four to five emerging artists or groups of artists to engage deeply with traditional disciplines of Vietnamese performing arts and music. During the “Shape of Music” residency, which lasts from April to October 2020, the chosen artists will receive professional mentoring from five senior artists to ideate, create and implement their new works. These new productions are to be presented in a final showcase at the end of the residency. Excellent works from these new productions would be introduced in Hanoi New Music Festival 2021. The program is open to Vietnamese emerging artists or groups of artists currently living in Vietnam, whose… Read full this story
- Experimental electronic music event in Reykjavik tonight
- Spotify Slammed For Promoting XXXTentacion’s Music Despite Prior 'Hateful Conduct' Removal
- 'Threatened' Guildford music venue to stage 'Save Our Star' gig
- Istanbul Jazz Festival announces program
- Composers should be incensed that their music is taking a back seat to their race or gender
- Estonia may see more new e-residents in 2018 than previous years combined
- Musical legend set to open Humber Street Sesh 2018
- 'City's music scene isn't struggling, it's in rude health'
- Plymouth is going to be taken over by music fans this weekend
- Coventry’s new centre for creative music making opens
Residency program promotes experimental and contemporary music have 295 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.