LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP) — A man was sentenced to up to 18 years in prison after he fatally shot his former co-worker in a Wyoming parking lot in 2003. Albany County District Court Judge Tori Kricken sentenced 41-year-old Fidel Serrano to 12-18 years after he pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter last year, the Laramie Boomerang reported The first-degree murder charge was dropped in exchange for the plea, prosecutors said. Serrano accepted an open plea, meaning there was no agreement on what sentence he should receive. Voluntary manslaughter carries a maximum prison sentence of 20 years. Serrano and Ramon Galvan-Morales were co-workers at Rocky Mountain Forest Products in Laramie. Serrano shot Galvan-Morales two days after they got into a fight at a dance in Cheyenne, witnesses told police. Serrano’s attorney, Randy Hiller, argued Galvan-Morales claimed to have killed Serrano’s girlfriend. Prosecutor Ben Harwich sought the maximum sentence, arguing “the defendant killed a human being in cold blood.”
- Đinh La Thăng gets 18 year, asked to compensate in 34.8 US$million loss case
- Man gets 14 years of imprisonment for attempting to rape an infant
- Horrific way mother murdered her male friend is revealed as she's thrown behind bars for 18 years over the 'senseless' attack
- 18 years on, a two-km Hanoi road has gotten nowhere
- 18 years on, MK’s uzhavar santhai is still a success
- After a man? Get a dog! It's a major commitment but it could lead to a new love...
- Horrific moment four 18-year-olds are killed instantly when speeding driver fleeing cops smashes into them with such force it splits their car in HALF
- Family members of girl kill 18-year-old youth in Delhi
- Man Sentenced To 18 Years For Sexually Exploiting Minors While On Probation
- Man Utd still keen on Nuno Mendes transfer with 18-year-old left-back eyed from Sporting Lisbon despite Alex Telles move
Wyoming man gets up to 18 years for killing co-worker have 293 words, post on apnews.com at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.