Banks are coming to the rescue of Australians in debt who are enduring financial distress during the coronavirus crisis. An estimated two million Australians could lose their jobs in the next two weeks as businesses shut down because of Covid-19 lockdowns. Unemployment is expected to soar as the retail, hospitality, transport, personal services, arts and recreation industries will continue to suffer major job losses due to closures. In response some of Australia’s leading financial institutions have announced payment holidays for customers struggling to pay off credit card and personal debts. The move comes in addition to banks offering payment holidays on mortgage repayments to help struggling homeowners. Australians will be able to defer credit card repayments until they get back on their feet ING was the first to defer credit card repayments for 3-6 months for cash-strapped customers impacted by the deadly virus pandemic. Other major banks are understood to be considering extending the payment pause offer to credit card holders. There is a catch to ING’s payment holiday on credit card debts, however. ‘During a payment pause, credit card repayments are not required, but your card will be inactive,’ the institution states on its website. ‘Interest and fees will continue to… Read full this story
- Tackling credit card debt from the holidays
- RBL Bank launches 3 Credit cards for Millennials
- Amazon card vs. Apple Card: Should you get a credit card from a tech company?
- Credit card customers who only make minimum repayments could have cards SUSPENDED under new rules
- Credit card giant snaps up Deko in technology push
- Blur Can Hide Your Credit Cards, Emails, And More
- EXCLUSIVE: Meghan and Harry REFUSE to name the mystery 'Russian billionaire' who loaned them $14 million holiday mansion - and who masks his identity the same way as money-launderers and tax-evaders
- Try these cures for your Christmas holiday debt hangover
- SBV sets cashless payments as top priority for 2020
- How a night on the beers saw the Branson brothers go from backpackers to $20 million success
Banks are offering payment holidays to customers with personal loans and credit cards as millions struggle to get by during the coronavirus crisis have 326 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 25, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.