Boris Johnson or one of his senior ministers will hold daily news conferences to update the public on the fight against coronavirus, Downing Street has saidThe prime minister is set to chair an emergency COBRA meeting before addressing the media over the pandemic on Monday, alongside chief medical officer Professor Chris Whitty and chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance.Number 10 announced plans to hold daily televised briefings after Mr Johnson received criticism over an apparent lack of transparency in the fight against COVID-19. Coronavirus UK tracker: How many cases are in your area The move came as the number of patients who have died in the UK after testing positive for the virus reached 35 on Sunday.They included 59-year-old Nick Matthews from Bristol who is believed to be the youngest victim of coronavirus in the UK. Advertisement The PM or a “senior” minister will host each briefing and face scrutiny while being joined by a revolving cast of medical and scientific experts, Number 10 said.A spokeswoman added: “The prime minister and this government are committed to keeping the public informed every step of the way about what we’re doing to fight the spread of coronavirus, when we’re doing it and… Read full this story
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 29
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 3
- Coronavirus in N.Y.: Growing Anxiety as Doctors Prepare for an Epidemic
- What the future holds for the Coronavirus and us
- Asean News Headlines at 10 pm on Tuesday (Sept 28)
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 27
- 75 Doctors from Florida Hospitals Hold Event Urging People to Get Vaccinated: 'We Are Exhausted'
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 6
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 7
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 7
Coronavirus: No 10 to hold daily news conferences on COVID-19 fight have 270 words, post on news.sky.com at March 15, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.