Gangwon Gov. Choi Moon-soon, right, and Hwang Pu-reum, an official at the Gangwon Provincial Government, pose with potatoes in a promotional video they created to sell potatoes harvested last year to help out local farmers. [HWANG PU-REUM]Since securing a box of face masks during the coronavirus outbreak has become an impossible feat these days, some people have settled instead for a box of potatoes. To be exact, 10 kilograms (22 pounds) of potatoes for just 5,000 won ($4.10).“I have potatoes at home!” read a tweet posted on Tuesday. “What a relief.”“I finally succeeded on the last day of pocketing,” another person wrote on Tuesday. “Now it’s time to collect all the recipes I can to learn what I can make with potatoes.”Pocketing is a portmanteau of “potatoes” and “ticketing,” a word often used by Koreans to describe the competitive race to secure tickets online for K-pop concerts. The race to buy potatoes from Gangwon began with an idea thought up at the Gangwon Provincial Office in early March.Gangwon Gov. Choi Moon-soon hosted a meeting at the office early in the month and told his staff about how many potato farmers in Gangwon no longer had retail partners due to school… Read full this story
- Chariots of Fire was the hottest ticket in town today
- How Copenhagen Fashion Week beat New York and Paris to become the hottest ticket in town
- Natalie Palamides and Sam Campbell are the hottest tickets at Edinburgh Fringe
- Here's how you can get Spice Girls tickets for their 2019 UK tour
- Two-day ticket sale for Al Pacino's Paris shows
- SIZZLING SPAIN: September was hottest on record since 1965
- Win a pair of tickets to Grimsby Town vs Lincoln City!
- Kojo Funds announces O2 Forum Kentish Town show on UK tour
- How to get Juice WRLD tickets for his O2 Forum Kentish Town show
- MHD announces London show for O2 Forum Kentish Town
Gangwon potatoes become the hottest ticket in town have 309 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at March 30, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.