Cho Ju-bin, center, a suspected leader of a pornography ring that enslaved dozens of females, including children, faces reporters at the Jongno Police Precinct in central Seoul on Wednesday before being handed over to the prosecution. [YONHAP]The suspected leader of a pornography ring that enslaved dozens of women, including children, faced the media at a Seoul police station Wednesday and said, “Thank you for stopping my unstoppable life as a devil.”Before handing him over to the prosecution around 8 a.m. Wednesday, officers from the Jongno Police Precinct in central Seoul allowed Cho Ju-bin, 25, to answer questions from the media.Cho was arrested March 16 after a seven-month investigation into a series of chat rooms operated on the Telegram instant messaging app that offered videos of trafficked women and girls having sex and being raped.His name in the chat rooms was “Baksa,” meaning doctor or guru in Korean.Cho is accused of sex trafficking at least 74 victims, including 16 children and teens, producing illegal pornographic materials and distributing them for profit through the Telegram app from December 2018 through March.A bandage was visible on Cho’s head Wednesday. Police said he tried to injure himself by hitting his head on a wall… Read full this story
- A traditional Nigerian leader took on traffickers. Has it helped?
- ‘City of Devils’ review: Reliving the heady days of gangster land Shanghai
- Telegram Said to Secretly Plan 'Gram' Cryptocurrency
- WhatsApp, Telegram flaws left accounts vulnerable to hackers
- WhatsApp, Telegram Security Flaws Can Let Hackers Manipulate Media Files: Symantec
- Wildlife Traffickers Use Facebook, Instagram to Find Black-Market Buyers
- Sex trafficking derailed their lives, but a survivor puts women back on track
- Senate Passes SESTA, Controversial 'Anti-Sex Trafficking' Bill That Could Ruin the Internet and Harm Sex Workers
- Devil May Cry 5 Review
- US Human Trafficking Report 'Spiteful', 'Political': Iran
Telegram trafficker calls himself a ‘devil’ have 295 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.