LGBT activists forced a local council in England to take down flags bearing the dictionary definition of the word ‘female’ ahead of International Woman’s Day, saying the message was transphobic.Merseyside Council in Liverpool removed flags celebrating International Women’s Day from local town halls that read “woman, wʊmən, noun, adult female”, the definition of female according to an English dictionary, which local LGBTQ activists claimed was a “hostile” message to people in the transgender community. Dr Adrian Harrop, a self-described “ally of the transgender community” who identifies as “he/him”, tweeted at the council, writing: “Hi @seftoncouncil the flag you’re flying at the moment is a hostile transphobic dog whistle, recognised as a symbol and brand of one of Britain’s most outspoken and visible trans-antagonists, and the leader of a transphobic hate group.” In response to the backlash, the council removed the flags, according to the Liverpool Echo, saying: “We were asked to support International Women’s Day by flying a flag above Bootle and Southport Town Halls which we did so with effect from Monday, March 2. However, we have since been made aware of a potential issue regarding the messaging on the flag and have taken them down.” The “woman, wʊmən,… Read full this story
- Feinstein hears it at raucous S.F. town hall - voters want action
- Transcript: Ted Cruz's Family Town Hall With CNN
- International Dance Day 2021: Reasons Why Dancing Is Good For Your Health!
- Biden to ‘Brave’ Transgender Youth: ‘Your President Has Your Back’
- #PrideMonth 2021: Richa Chadha Celebrates With Stories Of Kindness Among The LGBTQ+ Community
- St George's Day 2021: how the dragon-slayer became the patron saint of England
- 65 Father’s Day Gift and Present Ideas 2021: The best gifts for dad including personalised, DIY, fun gifts and more
- Woman collects garbage in 39 out of Vietnam's 63 provinces
- 8 best bonding ideas for an awesome Mother’s Day celebration
- What becoming a woman taught me about privilege
Town Hall Celebration of International Woman’s Day Removed After Transgender Activism Pressure have 320 words, post on www.breitbart.com at March 3, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.