US President Donald Trump has called on Americans to “just relax”, as coronavirus continues to spread across the United States, causing hours-long waits at the country’s international airports where returning travellers are subject to increased screening measures. Key points: The US has more than 3,700 confirmed cases of the virus and 69 deaths Long waits have been reported at US airports as new travel restrictions come into effect The CDC recommends a ban on public gatherings of 50 or more people The Trump administration last week imposed restrictions on travellers from continental Europe, and on Saturday extended the ban to Britain and Ireland. The administration’s handling of the rollout of the travel restrictions has come under harsh criticism from state and local officials over long queues for international passengers at some US airports, which critics said could have turned them into coronavirus carriers. Illinois Governor JB Pritzker and Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, both Democrats, spoke out against the administration for allowing about 3,000 Americans returning from Europe to be stuck for hours inside the customs area at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport over the weekend. They said it violated federal recommendations that people practice “social distancing”. The passengers, many of them… Read full this story
- Democrats Against Military Interventions Cautiously Praise Trump On Afghanistan
- Americans feeling shutdown’s everyday effects
- Trump sounds optimistic note as G-20 summit kicks off
- Trump, Democrats make their cases (accurately or not) in border wall debate
- Air Traffic Sick Calls Force Brief Ground Stop at LaGuardia, Cause Total Chaos Along East Coast
- France says Trump should have shown 'decency' on Paris attacks anniversary
- Air Traffic Sick Calls Force Brief Ground Stop at LaGuardia Airport: FAA
- Is Trump ending the 'Forever Wars'?
- Pop-up pantry at McCarran serves workers amid federal shutdown
- Canadian Air Traffic Controllers Send American Counterparts Pizzas Amid Trump Government Shutdown
Trump criticised amid coronavirus chaos at American airports have 298 words, post on www.abc.net.au at March 16, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.