To keep our community informed of the most urgent coronavirus news, The San Francisco Chronicle’s critical updates are free to read. Ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: • 27,079 in California, including 879 deaths. • 5,656 in the Bay Area, including 169 deaths. • 639,664 in the U.S., including 52,738 deaths. The five states with the highest death tolls are New York with 14,073; New Jersey with 3,156; Michigan with 1,921; Louisiana with 1,103; and Massachusetts with 1,108. Click here to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. • More than 2 million in the world, with more than 138,000 deaths. More than 525,000 people have recovered. Coronavirus cases by city: For detailed maps and new city-by-city Bay Area data, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. To get regular updates on our coverage, sign up for our coronavirus newsletter. Latest developments from today: Related Stories LocalChronicle Staff ReportCoronavirus hits Bay Area: What residents need to knowCoronavirus Map: Tracking COVID-19 cases across California 5:59 a.m. UC Berkeley lab making home-brewed hand sanitizer: With classes canceled and the teaching labs eerily empty, two Cal… Read full this story
- Brexit Live Updates: U.K. Parliament Debates Theresa May’s Departure Plan
- Brexit Live Updates: U.K. Parliament Rejects Theresa May’s Deal
- Texans' salary cap update: $46 million available
- Live updates: Oregon State baseball vs. Nebraska in Game 2 of doubleheader
- Live Updates: Auburn faces Florida in SEC Tournament semis
- Live Updates: Demands to Release Mueller’s Report Begin
- Live updates: Warriors vs. 76ers, Saturday at 5:30 p.m.
- Arizona State Sun Devils basketball at Oregon State Beavers: Live updates
- Pac-12 tournament semifinal live updates: Oregon Ducks vs. Arizona State Sun Devils
- Live updates: Oregon Ducks men battle Wisconsin in NCAA tournament
Coronavirus live updates: 22 million newly unemployed in 4 weeks have 282 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at April 16, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.