To keep our community informed of the most urgent coronavirus news, The San Francisco Chronicle’s critical updates are free to read. Ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: • 27,105 in California, including 886 deaths. • 5,682 in the Bay Area, including 176 deaths. • 641,166 in the U.S., including 31,590 deaths. The five states with the highest death tolls are New York with 14,636; New Jersey with 3,156; Michigan with 1,921; Massachusetts with 1,108; and Louisiana with 1,103. Click here to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. • More than 2.1 million in the world, with more than 140,000 deaths. More than 532,000 people have recovered. Coronavirus cases by city: For detailed maps and new city-by-city Bay Area data, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. To get regular updates on our coverage, sign up for our coronavirus newsletter. Latest developments from today: Related Stories LocalChronicle Staff ReportCoronavirus hits Bay Area: What residents need to knowCoronavirus Map: Tracking COVID-19 cases across California 11:14 a.m. A’s minor-league coach off ventilator: Webster Garrison, who was placed on a ventilator in Louisiana after contracting COVID-19,… Read full this story
- Election 2019 Canada: Live updates on B.C. polls so far
- UPDATE 2-Hong Kong leader apologises for mosque incident after day of violence
- UPDATE 3-Hong Kong leader apologises for mosque incident after day of violence
- UPDATE 4-Hong Kong leader apologises after mosque hit by police water cannon
- UPDATE 1-Thousands of Hong Kong protesters stage illegal march; metro stations close
- Warren wearing on Wall Street?
- UPDATE 1-China stops couriers from shipping black clothing to Hong Kong amid protests
- UPDATE 1-Hong Kong protest leaders urge turnout for march, despite risk of arrest
- UPDATE 1-Hong Kong leader apologises for mosque water cannon incident after day of violence
- REFILE-UPDATE 1-Hong Kong leader apologises for mosque water cannon incident after day of violence
Coronavirus live updates: Fremont requires residents to wear masks have 300 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at April 16, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.