To keep our community informed of the most urgent coronavirus news, The San Francisco Chronicle’s critical updates are free to read. Ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: 11,187 in California, including 2,886 in the Bay Area. 245,573 cases in the U.S., with 5,949 deaths, including 244 in California. The five states with the highest death tolls are: New York with 2,373, New Jersey with 537, Michigan with 417, Louisiana with 309, and Washington state with 256. Click here to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. More than 1 million in the world with more than 54,000 deaths. More than 218,000 people have recovered. For detailed maps, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. To get regular updates on our coverage, sign up for our coronavirus newsletter. Breaking news developments from today: 6:28 a.m. Grand Princess crew member dies at San Francisco hospital: A Filipino crew member of the Grand Princess cruise ship, which docked at the Port of Oakland last month to disembark passengers, died at a San Francisco hospital, according to a community group. The National Alliance for Filipino Concerns said… Read full this story
- Mega Millions Lottery Results Live Updates: Will Anyone Win The $530 Million Jackpot Tonight?
- Maharashtra Govt Formation LIVE: Shiv Sena to challenge Guv's decision in SC today
- Hulu raises its prices for online TV bundles AGAIN hiking cost by $10 to $55 a month - after announcing a $5 increase in February
- Shoppers increase spending despite Brexit uncertainty
- Unemployment remains steady at 5.2pc despite an extra 42,300 jobs
- Unemployment holds at 5.2pc despite just 500 jobs being created in June
- U.S. producer prices rise solidly; healthcare costs increasing
- Unemployment on the rise again as jobs fall for the first time in three years
- Unemployment falls to 5.2pc in September, but is expected to climb by 2020
- Risky bet: Youth unemployment, frustrations a ticking time bomb
Coronavirus live updates: Unemployment increase largest in one month since 1975 have 307 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.