Democrats will demand work permits for hundreds of thousands of non-immigrant foreign workers in the next coronavirus rescue bill, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said on Tuesday.“What corona has made clear is how vital our TPS recipients are, or DACA recipients are, to continuing health care in America,” Schumer said in a press briefing promoted by America’s Voice Education Fund and the FWD.us advocacy group for West Coast investors. The New York senator continued: [If] you go to New York, any New York healthcare institution, and a high percentage of the people are immigrants, many of whom are TPS and DACA recipients. … It’s obviously an awful crisis, but I think it’s shown America how much we need these folks as they help us fight the crisis, and I think that should help us with new support as we push for this in [the draft] COVID Four [rescue bill]. Schumer’s comments conflated legal immigrants with temporary workers and illegal migrants. For example, “TPS” are foreign migrants — including many illegal aliens — who were given “Temporary Protected Status” because of crises in their homelands, sometimes decades ago. “DACA” refers to President Barack Obama’s 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)… Read full this story
- Mayorkas Creates DACA Giveaway for 100,000s of Trafficked UACs
- Russia introduces mandatory medical checks for foreigners
- Coronavirus updates | January 31, 2022
- Tea Workers Remain Loyal to BJP, Minorities to Congr-AIUDF in Assam Polls
- Coronavirus India lockdown Day 114 updates | July 16, 2020
- Under Pence, Politics Regularly Seeped Into the Coronavirus Task Force
- In Symbolic Vote, Senate Rejects Vaccine Mandate for Health Workers
- Today’s coronavirus news: Major events returning to Toronto; Ontario reporting 821 people hospitalized with COVID-19
- Expert, doctor with COVID-19 say Vic Gov figure on healthcare worker infections 'doesn't make sense'
- Six in White House, Including Trump’s Chief of Staff, Have the Coronavirus
Democrats Promise Many Work Permits for DACA Medical Workers in Coronavirus Crash have 301 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 29, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.