Donald Trump on Sunday pledged to look into helping hotels left ‘devastated’ by closures in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. The president – who himself owns a number of hotels across the country – was asked about whether they will be offered help at his daily briefing. After mentioning his ‘wonderful place’ in Doral, Florida, Trump said the closure of hotels ‘is a big problem’. Asked about whether the small business relief would cover hotels, Trump replied: ‘Even if it is owned by a big chain, that is devastating. ‘If they have 200 hotels in the country and they are closed. We are going to be looking at it. It is a big problem. It is a lot of people employed.’ Democrats and Republicans are near agreement on approving extra money to help small businesses hurt by the coronavirus pandemic and could seal a deal as early as Monday, Trump said Sunday. An agreement on help for small businesses would end a stalemate over Trump’s request to add $250 billion to a small-business loan program established last month as part of a $2.3 trillion coronavirus economic relief plan. That fund has already been exhausted. Trump said Sunday: ‘You have… Read full this story
- Trump says he will not give State of the Union until after shutdown ends
- Trump congratulates Republican Tate Reeves for winning the governor's race in GOP stronghold Mississippi and claims his rally last week 'moved the numbers from a tie to a win'
- Trump Voter Fraud Commission Boss Kris Kobach for Governor? No Way, Says Kathleen Sebelius
- Trump Says He Only Heard 'Thank Yous' During Visit to Hurricane-Ravaged Puerto Rico
- Democrats claimed victory in Virginia and Kentucky, and the woman who flipped off Donald Trump got elected
- “He’s No Mr. Nice Guy”: Impeachment Comes for Trump
- Exclusive — Top Gun Governor: Ralph Abraham Aims to Fly Over the Swamp into Louisiana Governor’s Mansion
- The Hill's Morning Report - Dems poised to air alleged Trump abuses on TV
- From a controversial phone call to impeachment calls: A Trump whistleblower timeline
- Trump vs Clinton in Second U.S. Presidential Debate: Full Transcript
Trump says HIS hotels should get government bailout because coronavirus has been 'devastating' - as he urges Governors to let them open up again 'quickly' have 343 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 20, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.