The article said Vietnam has been loosening quarantine measures since late April. Patient 91, a 43-year-old British pilot, is on life support in a hospital in Ho Chi Minh City, and saving him has become a national priority. His condition deteriorated to the point that he was left with only 10-percent lung capacity. Canada’s Globe and Mail newswire has praised Vietnam’s COVID-19 fighting. (Photo for illustrastion: NDO) It stressed that Vietnam’s success was no accident. Its 1,450km border with China and frequent visitors from Wuhan, the site of the original outbreak in December and January, meant that Vietnam could have been overrun with cases. But it acted fast and did not wait for official warnings from the World Health Organization (WHO) before it closed its borders, locked down its economy and launched mass testing, tracing and quarantine measures. Guy Thwaites, a professor of infectious diseases and Director of the Oxford University Clinical Research Unit in Vietnam, said the country swung into action early because it was well aware of the dangers of unchecked infectious diseases. In the past 20 years, it has suffered from outbreaks of SARS, avian influenza, measles, dengue fever and hand-foot-and-mouth disease, which attacks young children. “The… Read full this story
- Play explores truth behind Jane Fonda's Vietnam photo
- Nam enters quarters-final of Vietnam F1 tennis event
- Nam beats Korean player in first round of Vietnam F2 Futures
- Amir Khan vs Phil Lo Greco: live round-by-round fight updates
- How to watch the Bellew vs Haye 2 fight: live stream details and TV channel information
- How to watch the Tony Bellew vs David Haye fight: live stream details and TV channel information
- How to watch the Bellew vs Haye fight: live stream details and TV channel information
- Bellew vs Haye 2: What date is the fight, what TV channel is it on and what is our prediction?
- Tony Bellew vs David Haye 2: What time is the fight tonight, what TV channel is it on and what are the odds?
- The 3 most likely upsets at UFC Fight Night: MacDonald vs. Thompson
Canada newswire: Vietnam – standard in COVID-19 fight have 334 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.