The Chronicle’s Live Updates page documents the latest events in the coronavirus outbreak in the Bay Area, the state of California and across the U.S. with a focus on health and economic impacts. The San Francisco Chronicle’s ongoing coverage is available to subscribers. Subscribe now for full access and to support our work. Total coronavirus cases: • 70,996 in California, including 2,876 deaths. • 10,110 in the Bay Area, including 368 deaths. • More than 1.3 million in the U.S., including more than 80,600 deaths. The five states with the highest death tolls are New York with 26,988; New Jersey with 9,340; Massachusetts with 5,108; Michigan with 4,584; and Pennsylvania with 3,832. Click here to see a U.S. map with state-by-state death tolls and coronavirus case counts. • More than 4.2 million in the world, with more than 288,000 deaths. More than 1.4 million people have recovered. Coronavirus cases by city: For detailed maps and new city-by-city Bay Area data, check out The Chronicle’s Coronavirus Tracker. To get regular updates on our coverage, sign up for our coronavirus newsletter. Latest updates from today: 6:35 a.m. UCSF analysis: Smoking makes COVID-19 worse: COVID-19 patients who smoke have double the risk of… Read full this story
- Coronavirus live updates: Pink tests positive for COVID-19
- Coronavirus live updates: Pink tests positive, then negative for COVID-19
- Coronavirus live updates: San Francisco tops 500 cases, including another Laguna Honda nursing home resident
- Coronavirus live updates: Golden Gate Park turns 150 with muted celebration
- Coronavirus live updates: Newsom issues order protecting consumers from price gouging
- Coronavirus live updates: 300,000 cases in U.S.
- Coronavirus live updates: Trump blasts naval captain who wrote letter from virus-stricken ship
- Coronavirus live updates: Italy reports first decrease in ICU patients with COVID-19
- Coronavirus live updates: Stanford antibody test close to FDA approval, Newsom says
- Coronavirus live updates: Outbreaks at Contra Costa, San Jose nursing facilities
Coronavirus live updates: Cal State virtual switch — sprawling system moves online have 295 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at May 13, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.