The Chronicle began covering the coronavirus crisis before the first cases were reported in the Bay Area and a pandemic was declared. We reorganized the newsroom to dedicate nearly every resource to stories focusing on the health and economic disasters. Every day we have published live updates to reflect the most critical local, national and global updates on COVID-19, and this news is free of charge in an effort to keep our community safe and informed. • Read the previous batch of updates from May 27-28. • See the full timeline. Updates from Friday, May 29: 9:47 p.m. Supreme Court upholds California’s right to restrict religious services: In a 5-4 ruling, the U.S. Supreme Court denied the bid by a San Diego Pentacostal church to undo Gov. Gavin Newsom’s restrictions on religious services during the pandemic, the Associated Press reports. 8:22 p.m. Newsom signs order allowing for extended eviction moratorium: Gov. Gavin Newsom signed an executive order on Friday that gives local authorities the ability to extend eviction moratoriums through July 28 in response to the ongoing coronavirus crisis, according to a news release. The order also extends other pandemic response measures, including mail-in driver’s license renewals, waived assessments for… Read full this story
- More rain coming to Bay Area — but where did the fog go?
- Freezing temps, snow and possible thunderstorms on tap for Bay Area
- ‘Decent storm’ with 40 mph winds to drench Bay Area, deposit snow in Sierra
- What other Bay Area transit agencies are doing about Wi-Fi
- Bay Area events related to Trump inauguration
- Moms 4 Housing eviction: Just how many flips, vacant homes are there in Bay Area?
- Weather Service issues 'areal flood advisory' for multiple Bay Area locations
- Here's how much snow could fall on Bay Area peaks this week
- The bizarre tale of Bertha Boronda, the Bay Area's Lorena Bobbitt
- Wave of laptop thefts in Bay Area feeding massive black market
Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: May 29 have 310 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.