Do you remember the last time you went to your favourite neighbourhood bookshop, leisurely scanned through the shelves and retreated to your corner with a book? The silence only broken by the turning of pages or the purring of the owner’s cat? They say reminiscing won’t bring the past back, but a bit of logistical support, a government order, and a whole lot of love has revived independent book stores in the Capital. After certain relaxations in lockdown norms, some bookstores have started home delivery of books and are opening for certain hours through the day. “We are opening on alternate days for now. The response has been phenomenal and we have received orders from within and outside Delhi,” said an employee at The Bookshop in Jor Bagh. “We weren’t prepared for so many calls! It was very heartening. We sold approximately 450 books — both deliveries and in-store purchases — from our Greater Kailash store in one day,” said Priyanka Malhotra, director, Full Circle Bookstore. View this post on Instagram This is what’s up on our new arrivals shelves. If you’d like to place any orders, email, call, DM! We’ll keep making curated selections and… Read full this story
- Massie: Boehner resignation good news for country
- San Juan mayor outraged after DHS chief calls Hurricane Maria relief 'a good news story'
- Health rankings are good news for Somerset County
- Good news for N.J. trees (just don't be an ash)
- Flood maps changing for Treasure, Space coasts; some property owners getting good news
- Anderson Cooper delivers good news with CNN’s ‘Heroes’ special highlighting do-gooders
- Mets take series from A's with 4-1 win, Chris Capuano exits early, David Wright gets good news
- Yankees' Alex Rodriguez still nagged by sprained thumb, but good news for Nick Swisher's elbow
- NY Giants receive good news on Hakeem Nicks’ hamstring injury
- Jason Isringhausen wants to stay in New York, Mets get good news on Johan Santana, Ike Davis
Good news for Capital’s bookworms: Bookstores will deliver to your doorstep amid lockdown 3.0 have 320 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 9, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.