The US has allowed the emergency use of the experimental antiviral drug remdesivir to treat Covid-19 based on early clinical data that shows it helps coronavirus disease (Covid-19) patients recover faster.Remdesivir, manufactured by Gilead Sciences, is the world’s first drug approved based on clinical data to treat Covid-19, which has killed close to 240,000 people worldwide and infected over three million.Emergency-use authorization allows products to be used for treatment without full data on their safety and efficacy, which has to be still submitted as trial continue.“This was lighting speed in terms of getting something approved. From clinical trial to getting it authorized, it was 90 days,” said US Food and drug Administration (FDA) Commissioner Stephen Hahn, speaking at the White House with President Donald Trump at his side.Remdesivir, when administered by an intravenous infusion, helped patients recover on an average in 11 days, compared to 15 days taken by those on placebo.The emergency use of remdesivir is limited to hospitalised Covid-19 patients with low blood-oxygen levels or who need breathing support, the FDA said in its letter of authorisation.“Based on the totality of scientific evidence available to FDA, it is reasonable to believe that remdesivir may… Read full this story
- Government Banning Two Antiviral Drugs--There Is A Better Solution
- Fox Chase new finding: Erlotinib and Cetuximab in Treating Lung Cancer Patients.
- Off Label Drug Use Marketing
- Increasing Patient Care and Reducing Liability in Seven Simple Steps
- Drug Addiction - Kicking The Habit And Live Life Again
- Internet - The Growing Marketplace For Purchase Of Prescription Drugs
- If Someone Close Has a Problem with Alcoholism or Drug Addiction
- Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) Pandemic, the Cytokine Storm: What Drugs Work and Don't Work
- Prescription Hair Loss and Hair Removal Drugs Market Research Report | By TMR
- Get Rid of Herpes Immediately
Remdesivir gets US emergency approval for treating Covid-19 patients: Know all about the antiviral drug have 293 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 2, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.