By AFP More by this Author WashingtonUS authorities warned healthcare and scientific researchers Wednesday that Chinese-backed hackers were attempting to steal research and intellectual property related to treatments and vaccines for Covid-19.Organisations researching the disease were warned of “likely targeting and network compromise by the People’s Republic of China,” a statement from the FBI and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency said.”These actors have been observed attempting to identify and illicitly obtain valuable intellectual property and public health data related to vaccines, treatments, and testing from networks and personnel affiliated with Covid-19-related research,” they said.”China’s efforts to target these sectors pose a significant threat to our nations response to Covid-19,” they said.The two organisations gave no evidence or examples of their allegation against Beijing. Also Read Sanders claims big win in Nevada South Korea reports 123 more coronavirus cases, two deaths Coronavirus: Countries ban China arrivals Airlines suspend China flights Advertisement But they urged “all organisations conducting research in these areas to maintain dedicated cybersecurity and insider threat practices to prevent surreptitious review or theft of Covid-19-related material.”On Monday US media reported that the FBI was poised to release the warning about vaccine-research hacking.Asked about the coming report, President Donald… Read full this story
- COVID-19 Vaccination India | Covovax is now available for children aged 12-17 years: Adar Poonawalla
- Without COVID-19 vaccines, death toll would be much higher: Pfizer analysis
- COVID-19 update | NTAGI recommends Covovax for use in 12-17-year-olds in India
- COVID-19 update | International travellers to receive booster dose 3 months after second shot: Govt
- Covid-19: 10 crore doses of SII's Covovax approved for exports by govt lab, stock rolled out for teens
- EXPLAINED: What's behind North Korea's COVID-19 admission?
- Fitch Ratings cuts China’s 2022 growth forecast amid uptick in COVID-19 cases
- Exclusive | Omicron BA.2.12.1 mutant detected in COVID-19 patients in Delhi, may be driving new surge
- India reports 3,805 fresh COVID-19 cases, 22 fatalities in last 24 hours
- COVID-19 claims 1 million lives in the United States
US says China trying to steal Covid-19 vaccine research have 323 words, post on www.nation.co.ke at May 13, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.