…Asks researchers to submit products for clinical tests By Joseph ErunkeThe National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, has reacted to claims of the herbal COVID-19 remedies, saying they were either domiciled in the conventional news media or social media.Director-General of the agency, Mojisola Adeyeye, said in a statement yesterday that it received an application only from one company for a product which it presented for approval for the treatment of symptoms of COVID-19, and not cure of the disease. The statement read: “The rush to mitigate the mortality and morbidly resulting from the COVID 19 pandemic has resulted in acceleration of product development, repurposing of formulations, off label use of therapeutics and the search for a vaccine to prevent COVID 19.“Because no vaccine yet exists to prevent further spread of the virus, the huge burden of developing a cure or at best, a treatment for this deadly virus rests squarely on the shoulders of the medical world, of which Nigeria is no exception. “In a bid to discover a cure, therefore, the public has witnessed quite a number of claims from different quotas – Complementary and Alternative Medicines Practitioners, Traditional healers, and the Academia.“It is pertinent… Read full this story
- Fact check: No evidence supports Trump’s claim that COVID-19 vaccine result was suppressed to sway election
- Pfizer Says COVID-19 Vaccine 90% Effective in Trials
- Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough: Medicine, stock market experts weigh in
- Turning to natural alternatives for Covid-19 treatment
- COVID-19: 13 Popular Coronavirus Food Myths Busted!
- Ayurveda drugs can be effective in mild to moderate cases of Covid-19: AIIA
- Vitamin D and Omega-3 supplements help the elderly avoid Covid-19 infection by boosting their immune systems, study claims
- Testing chief admits mass-swabbing scheme in Liverpool will NOT spot every Covid-19 patient but CBI president hails the army-backed scheme as 'first true chink of light' to escape tough curbs
- As world awaits for COVID-19 vaccine, here's all the details
- Covid-19 vaccine breakthrough: America has 100m doses of Pfizer shot that 'prevents 90%' of people from catching the virus - Trump celebrates the news he must wish had a come a week ago
We’ve received only one application on claims of herbal COVID-19 remedies — NAFDAC have 347 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at May 14, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.