1. Açai bowls There are two things you may not know about the antioxidant-rich superfood açai bowls: How to pronounce açai (it's not ah-cai, btw) and how much calories it can pack in. Açai bowls are made with pureed acai berries which are grown in Central and South America (Fun fact: A Brazilian friend tells me that there's nothing hipster about açai berries where he lives – açai bowls are sold cheaply at food kiosks on many streets, kind of like how you would buy an Old Chang Kee curry puff any time of the day). But who wants to eat just açai berries, right? So, someone dreamt up açai bowls in which you throw fruit, nuts, seeds, granola, cocoa nibs, coconut flakes and even a scoop of ice cream. And to make their açai bowls look even more Instagram-friendly and more worthy of their $8.90 price tags, some stores pile on the toppings until your once-healthy açai bowl is now a sinful mountain of processed sugar and calories. Ah-sigh. 2. Fruit juices An apple a day keeps the doctor away but a glass of apple juice a day will not keep the fat away. Confused? Apparently, fruit is good when eaten… Read full this story
- 10 Health Resolutions To Make & Keep Up This New Year!
- 10 Best Foods To Eat As You Age
- 10 Health Benefits Of Rock Sugar (Mishri) You Should Know
- Is the Health Food Store in Netflix's 'You' Channeling L.A.'s Upscale Erewhon Market?
- The 10 greatest food scenes from holiday movies and what they really mean
- Gluten-free: health fad or life-saving diet?
- 14 Foods Rich In Zinc For Good Health
- Lysine: Health Benefits, Food Sources And Risks
- 5 Healthy Alternatives For Your Everyday Food
- 12 Healthy Fruit Peels To Include In Your Diet NOW!
Jialat, these 10 health foods not as healthy as you think have 300 words, post on www.asiaone.com at June 26, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.