Herald Sun columnist Rita Panahi has taken a dig at Cambridge University after it praised its support of free speech, recalling the university’s handling of Canadian Professor Jordan Peterson’s invitation in 2019. Why lie, @Cambridge_Uni? You’re no bastion of free speech…@jordanbpeterson https://t.co/UQ4XI1yGPU pic.twitter.com/EcKhIU6UtN — Rita Panahi (@RitaPanahi) June 24, 2020 “You defend racists on your staff & blacklist critical thinkers like @jordanbpeterson”, Panahi fumed posting a link to The Guardian story about how Peterson’s invitation to lecture at Cambridge was rescinded last year. “You are no bastion of free speech”, Panahi voiced her verdict. Many more have echoed the stance, recalling the same instance, after the university tweeted its unconditional defence for “the right of its academics to express their own lawful opinions which others might find controversial”. Anyone who wants to cancel Jordan Peterson has either never listened to him or is too stupid to understand him. — Shelby Wright-Mate (@montyfire247) June 24, 2020 How wicked! Jordan Peterson has been through hell and back in the past year. I was at my SDM next door and was lined up and guess who was in front of me? He was so kind! It didn’t sink in until he drove away… Read full this story
- Pressure mounts on Priti Patel to come clean about 'vicious campaign' to oust Home Office's top civil servant after he QUIT in stinging attack: Permanent Secretary Sir Philip Rutnam accuses Home Secretary of lying, swearing and belittling staff
- Twitter adds ANOTHER warning to a Trump tweet as it says his comment about intervening in Minneapolis ‘glorifies violence’ after the president attacked the site but praised Facebook
- Thank you for saving my life: Boris Johnson stops in Downing Street to deliver tribute to the 'beating heart of this country' NHS before heading with pregnant fiancée Carrie to Chequers by car
- 'I want to be a good British citizen': London Bridge terrorist's grovelling prison letter - before he was AUTOMATICALLY freed early after seven years for Mumbai-style plot despite his trial judge saying he should NEVER be released
- Act Up in Anger
- In the Jungle: Inside the Long, Hidden Genealogy of ‘The Lion Sleeps Tonight’
'Why Lie?': Journo Recalls Jordan Peterson-Cambridge Row as Uni Hails Its Free Speech have 362 words, post on sputniknews.com at June 25, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.