Video PlayerClose VIENTIANE, July 27 (Xinhua) — The Lao government has instructed state departments to work harder to pursue development targets by focusing on improving the business environment as one of the core driving factors. The cabinet made the suggestion at its two-day monthly meeting for July that ended on Friday, local daily Vientiane Times reported on Monday. Chaired by Prime Minister Thongloun Sisoulith, the meeting underlined the need to better facilitate business activity and investment in order to attract more domestic and foreign investment. The move was part of efforts to strive for achieving the revised development targets that were approved recently by the National Assembly (NA) including the revised gross domestic product (GDP) growth target. The GDP growth target for 2020 was adjusted to 3.3-3.6 percent, lower than the original plan of 6.5 percent due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the economy. Last week’s meeting told relevant ministries to push the implementation of mega projects to ensure their construction was completed on track under plans to drive growth. They included the Laos-China railway project, which is currently under construction and slated for completion by 2021, Vientiane-Vangvieng expressway, and mining and hydropower projects. The cabinet called… Read full this story
- Double efforts needed to improve business environment
- Hanoi to improve business environment to attract investment
- Report lauds Myanmar’s improving business environment
- China to further improve business environment, open up wider
- Daw Suu pitches Myanmar to ASEAN, vows to improve business environment
- Indonesia's Innovativeness Improves, Regulatory Environment Lags Behind
- Vietnam's business environment needs strong Gov't actions
- Laos' govt to inspect all dam standards, shelve new hydro projects
- FGV on track to achieve operational targets
- Philip Morris says Indian partner charges machinery costs; calls it 'business expense'
Lao gov't calls for improving business environment to achieve development targets have 277 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at July 27, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.