(CNN)A new plan under development by the White House and Senate Republicans to deal with the fallout from the coronavirus pandemic is expected to include financial incentives to push schools to reopen while also shielding health care workers and companies against lawsuits, Republicans said Monday, a move that will spur a fight with Democrats. Senate GOP leaders and senior administration officials have been privately trading proposals and exchanging plans before formally introducing a Republican proposal as soon as next week, with just three weeks before Congress adjourns for its summer recess. The measure, expected to cost around $1.3 trillion, would amount to the GOP’s latest response to the crisis — after roundly dismissing House Democrats’ $3 trillion-plus plan that passed their chamber two months ago. But to get to Trump’s desk, it would require the two parties in both chambers to resolve major differences — over the size and scope of the plan as well as the details in it — in the heat of an election year, meaning many are skeptical a deal can be reached with the number of days dwindling before the August recess. “We’re obviously out of session this week, but when my members come back… Read full this story
- Scientists say dengue unlikely to protect against coronavirus after study claims link
- Bloomfield Hills High School Student Files $150M Racial Discrimination Lawsuit Against School District
- Face masks do NOT protect the wearer from coronavirus, but will stop them from infecting other people, Danish study finds
- COVID-19 Coronavirus: How Long Are You Contagious And Do Symptoms Last?
- Are councils robbing us of a 'magic ingredient' in the fight against coronavirus?
- Native Americans are more vulnerable to coronavirus—less than 3 percent have been tested
- Mitch McConnell spent decades chasing power. Now he heeds Trump, who mocks him and wants him gone.
- OSHA vaccine mandate will protect workers, help economy: Labor Secretary Marty Walsh
- Coronavirus relief negotiators set deadline for a deal by week's end as Dems add $300B for schools to their pitch
- McConnell, Putin congratulate Joe Biden, ending weeks of silence over Trump's defeat
McConnell: No recovery bill without lawsuit protections for 'everyone related to the coronavirus' have 340 words, post on edition.cnn.com at July 13, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.