Due to the situation arising out of Covid-19 pandemic, many small and medium entrepreneurs suffered a setback; so to restart their business and to provide self-employment to unemployed youth, banks have to play a major role, opined Ashika Jain, additional deputy commissioner Mohali in a meeting held here on Tuesday through video conferencing with the district coordinators of all banks of the district.She urged all district coordinators to work for self-employment as a mission. Each bank was provided a target of 15 applications per branch including both the public sector and private sector banks. “We should all work for this mission and help people who can’t even keep their credit limit,” she said adding that banks have to develop a proactive approach towards it.The main agenda of video conferencing revolved around extending the ‘Mudra loans’. The state government is putting a lot of emphasis on it to provide self- employment loans to maximum youth.She said that all those who have applied for loans through the link (made by DBEE) must be considered with other applications (given directly to the banks). She asked all bank branches to submit the data according to the targets provided to them… Read full this story
- Aliko Dangote Foundation, UNECA and GBCHealth Advocate Public-Private Sector Partnership for Better Health in Africa
- New European support for Kenyan private sector and East Africa-wide funds
- Egyptian ministers and UK companies launch Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) Leaders Forum
- SDGS: SAHARA GROUP PARTNERS OECD ON PROMOTING PRIVATE SECTOR ENGAGEMENT
- TAB Bank Provides Beverage Company in Pennsylvania with a $1 Million Revolving Credit Facility
- Cuba modifies some regulations unpopular with private sector
- Jay Ash, Baker’s top economic development chief, signals a move to the private sector
- Oglebay Foundation Receives $100,000 To Provide Work Opportunities for Youth in Wheeling
- Pacific Mercantile Bank Provides $4 Million Credit Facility to SynergEyes, Inc.
- Public-private partnerships can help California get moving again
Public, private sector banks must provide self-employment loans to youth, says ADC Ashika Jain have 307 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at July 22, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.