close Video Massive explosion rocks Lebanon’s capital Dozens of people reportedly killed in Beirut blast; Trey Yingst reports. A massive explosion shook Beirut on Tuesday, killing at least 70 people and injuring thousands of others while flattening much of the port, damaging buildings across the capital, and sending a giant mushroom cloud into the sky. At a press conference later Tuesday, President Trump said U.S. military generals told him that they think the massive explosion was likely a bomb. “I’ve bet with some of our great generals and they just seem to feel that this was not some kind of manufacturing explosion type of an event,” Trump said. “They seem to think it was an attack. It was a bomb of some kind.” The cause of the explosion remains unclear. The Lebanese Red Cross tweeted that more than 30 teams were responding to the scene of the blast via ambulances. The health minister said at least 70 people were killed and over 3,000 were injured. Lebanese Red Cross official Georges Kettaneh said the injured were being taken to hospitals outside the capital because facilities there were at capacity. He put the number of casualties in the hundreds but said he did not… Read full this story
- Hell hits Marriott hotel: Scores dead, hundreds injured in Pakistan blast
- Massive Baghdad bombings that left 155 dead may also destroy fragile Iraq government - experts
- Second powerful earthquake hits Indonesia; hundreds dead, thousands trapped as buildings collapse
- Latest blast new blow to stability in Lebanon
- Assassination touches off national day of mourning in Lebanon
- Albania army depot blast kills scores
- Iraq imposes curfew in Baghdad after deadly protests
- At least eleven children die and 54 are injured ‘in a airstrike'
- Dozens feared dead in Colombia mine disaster
- Five people killed amid massive demonstrations outside presidential compound
Beirut blast: Massive explosion shakes Lebanon's capital; at least 70 dead, thousands injured have 291 words, post on www.foxnews.com at August 4, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.