A former Downing Street adviser is behind a secret new project to set up an ‘impartial’ television news channel to rival the crisis-hit BBC, The Mail on Sunday can reveal. Sir Robbie Gibb – who was a senior BBC executive before becoming Theresa May’s director of communications at No 10 – is spearheading a drive to raise funds for GB News. The 24-hour station, due to launch early next year, aims to capitalise on growing discontent over the BBC, with sources describing it as an antidote to the ‘woke, wet’ Corporation. The BBC has been rocked by a series of controversies over what’s seen as its politically correct agenda, culminating in public outrage over its decision last week to perform Land Of Hope And Glory and Rule Britannia without their patriotic lyrics at the Last Night Of The Proms. Sir Robbie Gibb – who was a senior BBC executive before becoming Theresa May’s director of communications at No 10 – is spearheading a drive to raise funds for GB News A poll published yesterday found that 59 per cent of people believe that the BBC decision was wrong, and two-thirds of voters wanted the licence fee scrapped. Pressure on the BBC… Read full this story
- EXCLUSIVE 'I am an idiot': Kay Burley sent grovelling email to Sky News colleagues after she was suspended for SIX MONTHS over 60th birthday party Covid rule breach 'on full pay'
- Pictured: Kay Burley's 'lockdown-breaching' 60th birthday bash with Sky News colleagues that left her future as presenter 'in the balance' amid probe - as editor-at-large Adam Boulton claims the row could undermine credibility of the broadcaster
- Fury among Sky News staff at 'mild rebuke' for Kay Burley after she is suspended for six months for 60th birthday bash and jets off for African safari today - but will she still receive FULL pay?
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: More than 10,000 people caught coronavirus after being admitted to NHS wards with other illnesses. Save lives? Shut the hospitals not the pubs
- Jonathan Van-Tam warns that face masks could be necessary 'for YEARS' despite vaccine and could become as commonplace as in the Far East (before Boris Johnson interrupts to say things WILL get 'back to normal')
- Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Des O'Connor to Diego Maradona
- Matt Hancock delivers another hint low-infection areas WILL be downgraded in two weeks as PM reels from 55-strong Tory revolt amid warnings he faces 'problems by Christmas' unless tiers are eased
- DAN HODGES: Flip-flopping Sir Keir Starmer must find his spine – and fight the lockdown lunacy
- Britain will send in gunboats over Brexit: Four Royal Navy vessels will guard UK fishing waters against French trawlers if there is No Deal - as Macron refuses to give up 'his share of the cake' but PM says lack of red tape will be 'wonderful'
- Back our farmers Boris: Ex-Environment Secretary THERESA VILLIERS says the world WILL buy British if the PM makes good on his manifesto pledge
Former No 10 adviser Sir Robbie Gibb launches a TV rival to 'woke wet BBC' while Rupert Murdoch also plans a news channel as broadcaster faces further pressure in the wake of its Rule Britannia debacle have 486 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 29, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.