Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin TOPLINE The Trump administration continued its attacks on the U.S. Postal Service and voting rights Thursday, as President Donald Trump admitted he is denying USPS funding to block mail-in voting while White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow called voting rights "not our game"—prompting an outcry from Democrats alleging Trump is "sabotaging" the election through his continued politicization of the postal service. KEY FACTS Trump, a longtime USPS critic who has falsely claimed mail-in voting will lead to voter fraud despite a lack of evidence, said Thursday that he's holding up a stimulus deal over Democratic demands for funding to USPS and for mail-in voting, saying Democrats "need that money in order to make the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots." A lack of funding for USPS and mail-in voting, Trump said, "means you can't have universal mail-in voting because they're not equipped to have it." Kudlow described voting rights as part of a "liberal left wish list" to CNBC in a discussion about the stimulus package, saying such priorities were keeping the White House from reaching a stimulus deal because issues like voting rights are… Read full this story
- In budget, Trump to ask Congress for US$8.6 billion for border wall
- Trump is delivering on his rants about the US Postal Service’s Amazon deal — but his argument is flawed
- 'Trump's Actions Are A Threat To Our Democracy': MD Congressman
- ‘Hannity Insanity’: Late-night hosts slam Sean Hannity for being named Michael Cohen client
- This Trump tweet on the Russian investigation makes no sense
- Thousands march in Chicago against Trump's 'anti-woman agenda'
- Trump campaign fundraises off transcript release, impeachment push: 'I’VE DONE NOTHING WRONG'
- Brief reflection on Trump’s impeachment
- Trump announces 'real compromise' on budget deal, as fiscal hawks and some Dems cry foul
- Liz Peek: A recession won't inevitably sink Trump – Democrats will lose voters all by themselves
Trump Admits To Blocking USPS Funding Over Mail-In Voting, Biden Slams Move As ‘Pure Trump’ have 335 words, post on www.forbes.com at August 13, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.