The Vietnamese stock market was hit strongly in Monday morning’s trade as financial stocks, especially insurers, suffered from profit-taking pressure. The benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange dipped 1.34 per cent to close at 961.09 points. The VN-Index fell total 0.56 per cent last week. More than 86.7 million shares were traded on the southern bourse, worth VND1.7 trillion (US$73.4 million). Market trading condition was negative with 234 declining stocks versus 55 gainers. Financial and banking firms were the major factor that pulled the market down. Insurance companies were the worst-performing stocks as Bao Viet Holdings (BVH) lost 5.3 per cent, sending the sector index down 4.5 per cent, data on vietstock.vn showed. Securities firms and banks contributed to dragging the two sector indices down 2.3 per cent and 0.9 per cent, respectively. Other industries that also saw shares declined strongly included petroleum, food and beverage, retail, plastics and chemicals. Large-cap stocks in the VN30 basket also underperformed, pulling the large-cap index down 1.50 per cent to 882.00 points. Twenty-seven of the 30 largest stocks by market capitalisaton in the VN30 basket declined while only one advanced. On the Ha Noi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index fell 1.09… Read full this story
- NOPD: Motorcyclist killed in New Orleans East hit-and-run
- It’s hard being a bat, but people can help a struggling species
- Stocks Advance in Holiday-Hit Trading; Oil Falls: Markets Wrap
- Bonteheuwel school hit hard by vandals
- Google hits hard on privacy, artificial intelligence at I/O 2018
- 30% ruling cuts will hit hard financially and damage trust in NL: survey
- Indians to be hit hard as work permit of H-4 visa holders to be rescinded
- Elon Musk went rogue on Tesla’s earnings call and its stock plummeted. Here’s what he did and didn’t say.
- Tokyo stocks tumble further on yen rise, Trump-Kim summit speculation
- 10 stock ideas that brokerages say can deliver gains in 3 weeks
VN stocks plummet, insurance stocks hit hard have 301 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.