New lockdown rules at a glance Office workers who can work ‘normally’ from home should do so.English pubs, bars and restaurants must close by 10pm from Thursday.The hospitality sector will be restricted to table service only.Face coverings must be worn in taxis and retail staff while at work.Customers in indoor hospitality must wear face coverings, except while seated at a table to eat/drink.Rule of Six exemptions reduced, banning indoor team sport.The planned return of spectators to sports venues will now not go ahead from October 1.Wedding ceremonies and receptions capped at 15 people from Monday Advertisement Boris Johnson apologetically took a hammer to Britons’ social lives today as he reintroduced lockdown measures in England to last possibly six months to see off a second wave of coronavirus. Pubs and other leisure and hospitality businesses like restaurants will face a 10pm curfew from Thursday. People working in retail, those travelling in taxis, and staff and customers in indoor hospitality will also have to wear face coverings - except while seated at a table to eat or drink. And in a dramatic reversal of the Government’s recent drive to get people back to workplaces, all office workers will be advised to work from home… Read full this story
- Social distancing rules explained: Australia's current state by state coronavirus guidelines
- Hundreds of revellers escape locked-down Leicester and invade sleepy market town for a night on the booze as pubs reopen - leaving streets looking like a 'war zone'
- The Leicester lockdown divide: Neighbours living just inches apart tell of their confusion as city is split between those who MUST stay home and those gaining new freedoms - as police say they will spot-check cars leaving restricted zone
- Police say they WILL stop drivers leaving Leicester and flouters will face £100 fines after reveller tries to hire a coach to take friends from COVID-hit city for a night out in Nottingham when pubs open on Saturday
- Drinkers share their excitement at returning to their favourite locals but pubs are forced to cancel midnight reopening parties after venues are told closures must remain in place until 6am
- Boss of the Beach
- Beer we go! Britons race to book tables at their local as pubs are given the go-ahead to reopen on July 4 - while nightclubs will remain shut
- Drinkers gather outside pubs across Britain amid 73F sunshine today ahead of longest day of the year as Rishi Sunak hints that two-metre rule will be relaxed next week
- Government vows to share more postcode-level Covid data with local councils as health bosses more TESTING may have been behind surge in Leicester cases
- Crowds flock to Britain's outdoor drinking areas and take a seat outside pubs BEFORE Boris gives the official green light - but Rishi Sunak drops another hint 2-metre rule will be ditched this week as another new low of 128 COVID-19 deaths are announced
Boris's Covid crackdown bans late-night takeaways but allows deliveries, shuts pubs after 10pm but not gyms, and forces workers to stay home (if bosses decide they can): The new rules explained in full have 476 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 22, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.