This Monday was an excuse to allow our bellies to bloat courtesy the Onam celebrations and lavish Sadhya indulgence but Bollywood diva Malaika Arora drew the line for fitness enthusiasts as she shared her new challenge for health freaks. Effortlessly flaunting a Yoga pose called Astavakrasana, Malaika pumped up our motivation to grind this Tuesday.Dedicated to the sage Astavakra, the spiritual guru of King Janaka, this exercise is a hand-balancing asana in modern yoga. Ideally it is known as the Eight-Angle Pose which is believed to strengthen the wrists and develop the muscles of the abdomen.Taking to her Instagram handle, Malaika shared her attempt at Astavakrasana as another of her weekly challenge for fans and broke down the steps for them to follow. She encouraged fans to “stretch, sweat and smile through the week” with the help of Yoga’s Astavakrasana.Method:Start sitting in a comfortable position, with legs extending out in front of you. Next, bend your right knee and bring the sole of your right leg to the floor, close to right buttock. Slowly lift your right foot off the floor and bring your shin (fore part of the lower leg) parallel to the floor. Try… Read full this story
- Stasi: Wake up! It's already World War III
- Gyms in New York are adding social events that can negate the calorie loss of your workout
- Hurricane Irma: Gas, groceries, restaurants that are re-opening
- Jake Gyllenhaal's presence at SoulCycle prompts sold-out classes
- Irma: No water. No gas. We panicked. Now let's share.
- With the America's Cup heading to San Francisco, it's a perfect time to discover the City by the Bay
- Hong Kong kung fu movie mogul Run Run Shaw dies at 107
Malaika Arora’s Yoga stint with Astavakrasana post Onam will pump up your Tuesday have 281 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at September 1, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.