A man arrested following the fatal shooting of police sergeant Matt Ratana on suspicion of supplying a firearm was released on bail today. The man from Norwich was bailed until October as police searches continued at the home of alleged gunman Louis De Zoysa, 23, in Norbury, South London. Detectives investigating the murder of Sergeant Ratana at Croydon custody centre last Friday have also been searching an area in Banstead, Surrey. But they are yet to speak to De Zoysa, who is in a critical condition in hospital after he shot himself as he opened fire with a revolver while handcuffed behind his back. The Banstead location includes access to several derelict buildings and more than 30 acres of land, with police saying the ‘complex’ search will take days to complete. Police searches continue today at the home of Louis De Zoysa, 23, in Norbury, South London Detectives investigate at the scene of the alleged gunman’s family home in London today New Zealander Sergeant Matt Ratana, 54, was shot as he was preparing to search a handcuffed suspect who had managed to smuggle a revolver into a custody suite De Zoysa, posing with a 5ft medieval sword. He is suspected… Read full this story
- Police find remains of father-of-one who disappeared eight months ago after massive search of woods and arresting eight over suspected murder
- Family of 33-year-old graduate feared to be among the 39 Essex lorry victims slam the ‘cruel and evil’ people smugglers responsible for taking their ‘loving son’ to England
- 'Nick' police searches broke the law: Bombshell as judge behind inquiry reveals 'perversion of justice' and says officers got search warrants using false evidence but his findings were ignored by police watchdog
- 'He's a shattered man': Close friend of John Ibrahim says he's 'very, very upset' his son was arrested following raids on his Sydney mansion - and reveals he hates his 'Teflon John' nickname
- Home Office 'knifeman, 29, stalked staff asking them if they worked for the government before plunging blade into contractor's head outside Priti Patel's Westminster HQ – while carrying teargas and a FERRET'
- Another night in lawless London: Three men and boy, 16, are killed in unrelated attacks in just 24 hours taking capital's murder toll to 143 this year
- Pictured: Mother-of-two BA air hostess, 58, killed in £500,000 home in Sussex village - as two men, aged 35 and 37, are held on suspicion of murder
- The murder of Raymond Buys: 'I think they knew they were going to kill my boy'
- The Latest: 2 men who pursued gunman attend shooting vigil
- Orlando Gunman Discussed ISIS With Police, Called Boston Bombers His ‘Homeboys’
Man arrested on suspicion of supplying firearm that killed Sgt Matt Ratana is bailed - as police remain at south London family home of 'gunman' and field in Surrey have 418 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 30, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.