Director of the National Institute of Haematology and Blood Transfusion (NIHBT) Bach Quoc Khanh spoke about the voluntary blood donation movement, during the COVID-19 pandemic which has deterred many from going to blood drive. People donate blood at Hue Central Hospital in the central province of Thua Thien-Hue. — VNA/VNS Photo Mai Trang As a member of National Steering Committee for Voluntary Blood Donation, which directly organises and directs blood donation drives, what do you think about the voluntary movement? The blood donation movement in Vietnam has seen many milestones, as it has reached every corner of the country, from the big cities to remotest disadvantaged areas of the country. The movement had made great achievements in ensuring blood supply for hospitals and healthcare centres across Vietnam, as well as helping to improve people’s understanding about blood donation. However, we still face difficulties in ensuring a stable blood supply, quality of the donated blood and the sustainability of the movement. What are the difficulties? At present, the donated blood is insufficient in terms of both quantity and quality. The volume of donated blood can meet about 80 per cent of demand for emergencies and treatment at hospitals. In cases when there… Read full this story
- American Red Cross Offering Amazon Gift Card In Exchange For Critically Needed Blood Donations
- Red Cross Seeks Blood Donations in Southeast Massachusetts in Wake of Shortage
- Stars call for FDA blood donation ban against gay men to be lifted
- Gay rights activists, doctors blast federal blood donation restrictions for LGBT people in wake of Orlando shooting
- Red Cross offering gift cards for blood donations
- Denmark to revise blood donation laws in 2019
- Every blood donation should be screened for Zika virus, FDA announces
- Red Cross offers Amazon gift cards to blood donors
- Red Cross offering Amazon gift cards to donors during 'blood emergency'
- 'Emergency blood shortage' means you can get a $5 Amazon gift card for donating blood
Blood donation in Vietnam still unstable have 313 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 4, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.