Police were searching for the shooters after shots were fired at the Stockholm shopping mall on Wednesday, with authorities treating the incident as a possible robbery. “There is an attempted aggravated robbery in the Kista mall,” the Reuters news agency quoted a police spokesman as saying. “We have located the victim who is not physically injured.” The mall, located in the Stockholm suburb of Kista, was evacuated and exits were sealed off by the police, according to Aftonbladet. Read more: ’Laser man’ John Ausonius receives life sentence in Frankfurt The mass circulation newspaper said two of the alleged robbers could be seen on security footage, running away from the scene. Police reportedly deployed helicopters and sniffer dogs in their search. The two had entered a gold shop and held up the owner, but the owner manged to activate the alarm, Swedish public broadcaster Sveriges Television reported citing a witness from the scene. dj/msh (Reuters) Every evening, DW sends out a selection of the day’s news and features. Sign up here.
- Hong Kong police arrest 15 in fresh shopping mall protests
- Stabbing spree at Maryland shopping mall injures 5, police kill suspect
- Horrifying moment man leaps 13 feet from second-floor balcony in shopping mall to escape police as Hong Kong protests turn violent again
- Riot Police Storm Shopping Malls as Protests Continue in Hong Kong
- Protesters detained at HK shopping malls
- Violent protesters disrupt order in shopping malls in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong police arrest protesters in shopping mall
- Indian Charged with Sexually Abusing Syrian Woman in Dubai Shopping Mall
- Beijing's 2nd largest shopping mall sets upgrade plans
- Watch live: Protesters in Hong Kong clash with police in shopping mall
Gunfire reported at Swedish shopping mall in suspected robbery have 269 words, post on www.dw.com at October 6, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.