Revellers in Manchester took to the streets for a final night on the town before thousands of venues closed their doors for a second time as the region is plunged into Tier 3 lockdown. Groups of young people were seen entering pubs, sitting outside trendy bars and gathering in the streets across the North West city ahead of the most severe Covid-19 restrictions coming into force at midnight. But some licensed premises stood empty ahead of the 10pm curfew, while nearly 2,000 pubs are expected to shutter unless they serve ‘substantial meals’ in a devastating blow to the local economy. Around 2.8 million people in Greater Manchester will join some 3.1 million in Lancashire and the Liverpool City Region already under Tier 3. Social mixing will be banned both indoors and in private gardens, while the Rule of Six will apply in some outdoor settings such as parks, public gardens and sports courts. Local leaders help the Government to determine whether other venues like gyms or casinos should be closed. In Greater Manchester, the new measures could lead to the closure of more than 1,800 pubs and 140 wine bars, as well as 277 betting shops and 12 casinos, according… Read full this story
- Brexit deal today... or MORE delay until 2020: Boris Johnson fights to win over the DUP and Tory 'Spartans' to seal a deal - but Arlene Foster warns she doesn't 'trust' the PM and ex-minister brands package ‘unacceptable’
- Tories open up 15-point lead over Labour with a Brexit-dominated election just weeks away as Boris Johnson also pulls away from Jeremy Corbyn in 'best prime minister' poll of voters
- Boris Johnson denies he told Donald Trump to set up surprise meeting between Harry Dunn's family and his 'killer' Ann Sacoolas - despite US President's claims
- 'Boris asked me to do it': Donald Trump says he invited parents of Harry Dunn to meet their son's killer Anne Sacoolas at the White House 'only because Boris Johnson asked him to'
- Queen Elizabeth approves UK prime minister's request to suspend parliament
Manchester revellers hit the streets for one last night before pubs shut after Boris Johnson forced the city into Tier 3 lockdown from TONIGHT have 328 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 22, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.