Vietnam Social Security (VSS) has issued a warning over scammers using fake social media accounts for profiteering related to the purchase of social insurance books in recent days. A fake account pretending to be Bình Dương Province Social Security to purchase social insurance books in the province. Photo tienphong.vn For example, taking advantage of the complexity of the COVID-19 pandemic, some people have made a fake Facebook account pretending to be Binh Duong Province Social Security to purchase social insurance books in the province over the past three days. The scammers claim to offer services to allow people to receive a lump-sum social insurance payout (compensation which a labourer is eligible for when they stop working earlier than the retirement age and does not receive pension), but in reality, take a large amount of the payout for themselves. According to the VSS, all Facebook accounts involved in such actions were fake. The sale and collecting of social insurance books in any form were illegal and would be strictly punished in accordance with regulations, it said. As soon as the incident was detected, Binh Duong Social Insurance asked the provincial Department of Information and Communications to take measures to prevent and settle it accordingly…. Read full this story
- Northern Ireland drivers may need 'green card' to travel in Republic, warn British insurers
- ‘Citizens do not see Europe as an answer to social challenges’
- Ministers warn drone users of severe punishments after Gatwick misery
- SNP warn May’s Brexit deal will put ‘workers on the dole’
- Education, Healthy Social Media Use Could Stem UK Teenage Death Rates
- Turkey will bury YPG terrorists in trenches they dig up on Syrian border, Erdoğan warns
- Neglected and abused children at risk of significant harm before social services intervene
- Do you live near Merseyside's most anti-social homes of 2018?
- Gardai warn of 'romance scammers' after Irish woman who was showered with gifts gave fraudster €48k
- SECURITY WARNING: Has your password been stolen? Check with new Google service
Vietnam Social Security warns over social insurance scammers have 329 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 4, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.