The Chinese Navy released footage of a simulated beach assault on Tuesday as state media says President Xi Jinping is preparing for wars on multiple fronts.Chinese Communist Party newspaper Global Times also voiced its support for the release of a so-called “Taiwan secessionists” blacklist, just two weeks after a former Taiwanese intelligence officer warned that such an announcement would be a precursor of a cross-strait armed conflict.The official People’s Liberation Army video was captured off the coast of China’s southern province of Guangdong, where joint armed forces exercises are being held between November 17 and 30, the state-run tabloid said.In the footage, large amphibious landing craft can be seen offloading armored vehicles and soldiers as the combined arms forces storm the unidentified beach.Citing a military expert, Global Times said Saturday that the Central Military Commission, of which Xi is the chair, had requested improvements to the PLA’s joint combat capabilities.Newsweek subscription offers >The exercises were in response to the “intensifying situation and increasing risk of military conflicts” in sensitive regions including the Taiwan Strait, South China Sea and China-India border, the last of which sees a continuing stalemate following this summer’s bloody clashes in Ladakh. The Chinese leadership has never… Read full this story
- 'Stay away!' Iran's President Rouhani issues chilling warning to the West to keep out of the Gulf as he parades nation's military hardware - including missiles which could reach US bases - after America sent reinforcements to the region
- One D-Day landing craft, two officers and the whim of fate that saw my dad live: LORD ASHCROFT on the newly discovered family papers that reveal the mesmerising story of the colonel that led his father into battle
- Battlefield 1 and how to treat war with respect in videogames
- Global Warming Is Your Worst Enemy In Civilization VI: Gathering Storm
- Shogun: Total War Warlord Edition Preview
- Total War: Rome II PC Review
- Battlestations: Pacific Q&A: Kamikazes, troop landings, and the new Japanese campaign.
- Iran's president taunts America over 'desperate' sanctions before leaving for UN summit in New York - as Tehran announces joint military drills with Russia and China
- The history of the strategy game
- Betrayal, empires, and MAGA: Inside the brutality of Atlas
Chinese Soldiers Storm Beach in Military Landing Drill Amid Taiwan War Tension have 368 words, post on www.newsweek.com at November 17, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.