More than thirty police officers were deployed to shut a London gym and stop lycra-clad customers from exercising today after the owner refused to close. Andreas Michli has vowed to flout the Government’s Covid lockdown rules and remain open despite the risk of arrest and a £10,000 fine – and was subject to two raids by Met officers. More than 30 PCs entered his premises at 6pm last night to stop his patrons working out, and another two van loads of officers arrived again at 8.30am this morning. One customer told Mail Online: ‘As far as I can see no one is following lockdown rules anyway. The streets are full of people. The parks are full.’ And shortly after the officers left for a second time, defiant Michli simply re-opened the doors to the Zone Gym in Wood Green. In a rallying cry on Facebook, the 34-year-old Michli , told his members: ‘We are not closing! ’We are staying open because it’s the right thing to do and we need the message to get out there to the public. ‘I am flabbergasted gyms are being forced to close. Gyms have some of the lowest infection rates of business sectors. The gym owner… Read full this story
- Wrecking Their Coupe Didn’t Stop Them from Racing at Daytona in 1956—They Just Turned it Into a Roadster!
- The Ultimate Dodge Challenger Road Trip
- Josh Warrington says having twin baby girls has him considering retirement ahead of Carl Frampton fight
- FMIA: From His Hollywood Haven, Julian Edelman Reflects on LIII MVP, His Path and Being a Perfect Patriot
- ’70 Challenger – Vanishing Point 2001
EXCLUSIVE London gym owner refusing to shut during lockdown clashes with THIRTY police officers who swoop on his premises to stop Lycra-clad customers from exercising have 264 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 11, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.