India vs Australia: Harbhajan Singh says, “Kohli’s absence will provide an opportunity to Rahul, Pujara to step-up” The 32-year-old Kohli has been granted paternity leave by the BCCI to be with his wife for the birth of their first child. “India will feel that without Kohli there (for three Tests), for his batting and leadership, that’ll put all sorts of pressure on different players,” Ponting was quoted as saying by cricket.com.au. India tour of Australia: Wriddhiman Saha well on road to recovery “You’d think (Ajinkya) Rahane will take over the captaincy, which will put extra pressure on him, and they’ve got to find someone to bat at that really important No.4 spot. “I don’t think they’ll be clear in their own mind, even now, what their batting order will look like for the first Test. Who’s going to open, who’ll bat at four when Kohli goes?” Ponting added. The Indian bowling attack will comprise Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami in lead roles. The tourists will call on Ishant Sharma if he recovers from the side injury sustained at the IPL while Umesh Yadav and Navdeep Saini are also part of India’s Test squad. With so many options, Ponting feels India… Read full this story
- Jofra Archer halts Australia in their tracks in third Ashes Test
- CoA increases daily allowance for players on overseas tours
- Should Ravi Shastri bow out as India coach?
- West Indies vs India 2019: Why not try Rohit at the top?
- Three batsmen with the most double hundreds in Test cricket
- World Cup 2019: Why Virat Kohli is the right leader for India
- Indian cricket team: 3 upcoming series to watch out for
- ICC World Test Championship: India's complete schedule
- Virat Kohli wishes 'happy retirement' to Dale Steyn
- It's better to get hit early and hard: Virat Kohli on bouncers
India in Australia: Indian players will feel extra pressure without Kohli in Tests: Ponting have 304 words, post on www.mykhel.com at November 19, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.