US President-elect Joe Biden called for unity and hope in a Thanksgiving eve address to Americans, reminding them that the country was at “war with the virus, and not with each other” even as President Donald Trump railed against the election outcome, called for his defeat to be “turned around”, and pardoned a former top aide who had pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI.The contrast between the two leaders, their priorities and their styles played out in full public view over the day on Wednesday. A sombre Biden spoke to Americans from an empty music hall about the need for “solutions, not shouting; reason, not hyper-partisanship; light, not heat”, and urged them not to despair in the face of the pandemic, which has killed more than 260,000 Americans. Speaking of the Covid-19 vaccines in the pipeline, he said, “Hang on, don’t let yourself surrender.”Trump stayed home at the White House, rage-tweeted – “RIGGED ELECTION” – about the polls, barely mentioned the pandemic or greeted the nation on Thanksgiving, phoned into a packed news conference held by his allies in Pennsylvania, and called for “this election to be turned around”.The White House issued a standard Thanksgiving… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Wants Apple to Make a Phablet, Rubbish Idea?
- Hillary Clinton’s Pneumonia, Donald Trump’s Weight Loss Dominate News as Aging Candidates Battle for Presidency
- Gloria Steinem Wants a 'Mass Uprising' if Donald Trump Is Elected President
- Report: Whistleblower Worked with Joe Biden at Obama White House
- Donald Trump Calls for Mitt Romney to Be Impeached
- Watch Live: Donald Trump Rallies Supporters in Louisiana
- Donald Trump Demands Meeting with ‘Whistleblower’
- Donald Trump: Joe Biden Family ‘Paid Off’ by China and Ukraine
- Mitt Romney Rules Out 2020 Run, Says Trump Re-Election Likely
- Joe Biden to Trump: ‘I’m Not Going Anywhere’
Joe Biden calls for unity against Covid-19; Donald Trump wants election loss overturned have 295 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at November 26, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.