Nguyễn Thị Oanh poses with her national record in the women’s 10,000m event. Photo vov.vn Athletics Thanh Hà HÀ NỘI Nguyễn Thị Oanh proved her status in Vietnamese athletics after she secured four gold medals in the four toughest categories of indoor events and set a new record at the recent National Athletics Championships. The pint-sized runner is now aiming to defend her thrones at the upcoming Southeast Asian (SEA) Games next November. Oanh started the tournament with a gold medal in the women’s 5,000m last Tuesday and then took the 1,500m title the next day. She went on to win the 3,000m steeplechase on Friday morning before setting a new record in the 10,000m in the afternoon. “The 5,000m and 1,500m are my strong points. I have prepared really well to make sure of my No 1 position in the national competition for many years meanwhile 10,000m is optional for me,” Oanh told reporters. “What I have done in the 5,000m and 3,000m steeplechase was not as good as I planned while the result of the 1,500m event made me feel good. And I was really surprised because I not only won but also broke a record in the 10,000m,” the Bắc Giang… Read full this story
- Island Games love story comes full circle
- Sun, sea, sand... and export opportunities
- EU needs new approach to ensure Mediterranean Sea security
- E3 2019: The future of gaming is a monthly fee
- A closer look at Celtic’s eight successive titles
- Is Ireland ready for no-deal Brexit?
- We are accustomed to Australia’s mind games, says Root
- Spring Storm a success, says EDF commander
- Grimsby Town players in position to start first game of 19/20
- Stockholm Olympic bidders confident Swedes will back 2026 Games
Runner Oanh ready for SEA Games after domestic success have 288 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 18, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.