Video PlayerClose CHICAGO, Nov. 24 (Xinhua) — The monetary value of a vaccine that could potentially end the COVID-19 pandemic is between 5 percent and 15 percent of worldwide wealth, according to a study posted on the website of the University of Illinois (UI) on Monday. The researchers estimated the value of a vaccine — what a “representative agent” would be willing to pay to end the ongoing pandemic — using the joint behavior of stock prices and a novel vaccine progress indicator based on the chronology of stage-by-stage progress of individual vaccine candidates and related news. The stock market response to news of vaccine progress allowed the researchers to calibrate a model to estimate the economy-wide financial gain that would be attributable to a cure. To accomplish this, the researchers first needed to summarize the entire corpus of existing vaccine research, spanning several hundred projects worldwide that are racing to develop different versions of a vaccine. “One of the contributions of the paper is that we introduce a forecasting methodology for a very high-dimensional research endeavor that boils everything down to the one number that we think is most important, which is the expected time to the arrival and… Read full this story
- Nikki Lund accuses Paula Abdul of not returning bustier worth $15,000
- City Grill Group posts 15 pct y/y growth in turnover in the first half of 2018
- What is Elon Musk’s net worth, where does his wealth come from and what businesses does he own?
- Rockwool expects a 15 pct turnover increase after the factory in Prahova is open
- Revisiting horrendous flu pandemic here and around world after First World War
- The clients interested in buying homes for investment reached 10 pct to 15 pct
- How to claim a free Just Eat takeaway worth £15
- Wearing wool pyjamas instead of cotton gives you an extra 15 minutes of sleep, study finds
- Sandy Scout, 19, selected to help run World Jamboree in United States
- Modric ends Ronaldo-Messi era to be crowned world's best
Value of vaccine to end COVID-19 pandemic worth 5-15 pct of world's wealth: study have 318 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.