Chemical companies in China believe they have been able to ride out the economic impact of COVID-19 so far, and are beginning to explore fresh growth opportunities the pandemic situation has created, industry experts said. Among their new focus areas are intelligent manufacture of chemicals, industry digitalization, research and development, low carbon emission technologies, and new materials that can replace plastics, they said. During the initial phase of the pandemic, chemical firms struggled to resume production and maintain their supply chain activities. Thanks to quick and effective containment of the spread of the novel coronavirus, and availability of adequate personal protective equipment, the industry recovered sooner than expected. As the New Year 2021 beckons, chemical enterprises find themselves well placed to deal with COVID-related threats, and are realizing that new growth opportunities go hand in hand with challenges, said senior executives during an industry event. The event is the closing ceremony of Open To Public or OTP Day 2020, which was organized by the Association of International Chemical Manufacturers in Shanghai recently. The AICM represents more than 70 major foreign investments in China’s chemical industry. Its members’ businesses span R&D, manufacture, transportation, distribution and disposal of chemicals. “From the business… Read full this story
- Youth group charged up for greener future
- The Future Of Semiconductors: What The Kodak Story Teaches Us
- Reclaimed driftwood inspires greener tourism in Hội An
- OPINION: The pasture becomes greener for Green Hydrogen industry in India
- Nearly US$11 billion pledged for cooperation between Vietnam and Singapore firms
- Meet The Green Innovator From Jharkhand, Who Is Creating A Cleaner Fuel, Only On HistoryTV18
- Slovakia's chemical and pharmaceutical industry saw revenues grow during the second year of pandemic
- Norway brings innovation for Vietnam inclusive economic rebound
- Altos Labs’ Mega-Startup: Wretched Excess Or The Future Of Biotech…Or Both?
- Vietnamese, Singaporean firms sign deals worth nearly US$11 billion
Chemical firms underline innovation for greener future have 303 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at December 30, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.