“Domestic objects only fulfill their purpose if they can quietly fit into the whole and thus serve us. Something inexplicable should emanate from things and give our living space peace and happiness,” wrote Bauhaus student and industrial designer Wilhelm Wagenfeld in 1953. While it would be another 20 years until the first bestselling gaming system hit the market, the Atari 2600, his theory still applies to gaming consoles, which have infiltrated the living rooms of millions. New consoles by Sony and Playstation are hitting the market this year, and how they look is sure to attract plenty of attention. Read more: Gamescom: Cloud gaming turns industry inside out “Console design is subject to the same design criteria as all other objects,” says Frank Zierenberg, product designer and organizer of the internationally renowned design prize “iF Design Award.” He knows that the Bauhaus design motto “form follows function” is particularly important when designing the systems: “Many misunderstand design as a beautiful form. But design must always be usable.” Consoles have moved to living rooms “Every design triggers a feeling,” says designer Monika Heimann, who researches how design affects consumers. According to Heimann, colors and shapes trigger associations in players, often unconsciously. Heimann explains… Read full this story
- Xbox Game Consoles - Microsoft's Reply to Sony Playstation and Nintendo Gaming Consoles
- Best Tips to Help You Repair Xbox 360 Console Errors
- Do You Need to Make Backup Copies of Your PlayStation, XBox 360, and Wii Game Disks?
- Fast Methods to Fix an Xbox 360 Console - Read This If You Have the Dreaded Red Lights!
- Modded Xbox 360 Console Red Light Error Repair Work - Permanent Fix
- Xbox 360 Console Errors - Some Good Tips For You!
- How to Repair Xbox 360 Consoles and Prevent RROD
- How to Avoid the Xbox 360 Three Red Rings of Death (RROD) - Xbox 360 Consoles Get Hot!
- Make Money Repairing Broken Xbox 360 Consoles - Anyone Can Do This
- Xbox 360 Repair Fix - The Top Resources to Fix Your Xbox 360 Console
PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X: Why console design matters have 319 words, post on www.dw.com at December 6, 2020. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.